[consulting] How is the market for Drupal talent?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Mar 14 00:39:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Victor Kane <victorkane at gmail.com> wrote:

> As an "independent" worker, I work 18 hour days; I would never allow a
> visible employer to exploit me so cruelly. But somehow the warm and fuzzy
> illusion of "independence" makes me feel I am "working for myself".

This is one of the things to watch for, among many, when you are a business
owner/freelance: you think you will work less, but you will work *more*.

At best, you are:

a) more flexible: no set hours (but more hours), can work remotely, and
perhaps exploit idle time better.

b) not one boss: you have many (called customers), but for shorter periods.

c) have variety: get to do too many things, and wear many hats. This also
means you get to do stuff because you HAVE to do it (accounting, taxes,
marketing, even if you have an accountant, you still do the day to day stuff
of it).

It is not for everyone, but you will never know until you try. Hold on to
your job and try freelancing on the side and see. Then take the plunge if
you like it.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.