[consulting] work for the real needs of humanity - Re: How is the market for Drupal talent?

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:54:03 UTC 2009

Cool.

And it's more than good feelings!

It means that the development of Drupal, its features and character, must
respond to the needs of the mass of users, and not to the needs of big
capital.

Often equated in Drupal speak ("What's good for big corporations trickles
down to us, awesome"), they are not the same. The anarchy of production
which prevails in large corporations, and their desperation over the race to
see "who makes it" through the latest and greatest crisis, distorts their
business model, what they want to "sell" (lay on us) and everything else.

Real people's needs are what many consultants are empowered to satisfy,
thanks to Drupal.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar
http://projectflowandtracker.com