[consulting] Cleaning Up After Bad Developers

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Tue Mar 24 13:50:39 UTC 2009

The first question is whether to blame the poor site on the consultant
or the client (or both).  Any consultant with reasonable experience
has had to take coding shortcuts they are unhappy with, walk away from
a half-finished proejct, or simply stop supporting an unreasonable
customer.  Jumping to conclusions after hearing one side of a story is
rarely a good idea.

Further, human nature is that my code/site/design is always elegant
and yours is always crufty and overly complex.  We like the familiar
and we like our own stuff...

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Brian Vuyk <brian at brianvuyk.com> wrote:
> I kind of would like to see some kind of accreditation made available
> through the Drupal Association which hopefully will be able to indicate that
> a specific dev has some competence, and perhaps help the customers out there
> avoid some of these other types of 'Drupal developers'.

The Drupal Association is highly unlikely to do this.  It may provide
a list at some point, but membership on the list will likely be
relatively open (e.g. any organizational member could join the list of
providers).

I encourage "credible" companies to publicly advertise other credible
companies that they recommend.

> Let the flames begin!

Well, I'm not so snarky today (yet) but maybe other folks will be ;)

Greg

--
Greg Knaddison
http://knaddison.com | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com