[consulting] Drupal Developer Certification

Brian Vuyk brian at brianvuyk.com
Tue Mar 24 16:22:06 UTC 2009

If I understand correctly, there is nothing to stop us from offering a
different certification.

I like the idea of having an open, community-supported certification
system. Your 'badge' idea works well with this concept. Let's say
Merlinofchaos writes a 'views' certification - this can be offered as a
component or badge as part of the certification.

Make it free to take, but make the individual badges difficult to
obtain, so that the mark represents a true knowledge of the subject
matter. Make the badges specific to different versions of modules or
core. ie:

 * Drupal 6 Core
 * Drupal 7 Core
 * Views 5.x-1.x
 * Views 6.x-2.x

This could even be offered under a name like 'Open Drupal
Certification', according to the Drupal trademark policy draft. And
easily implemented under Drupal.

Brian