[consulting] Estimation-Blowout case-studies wanted

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 10:59:54 UTC 2009

Fascinating discussion.

But to all you Adam Smith people, I have to say:

There is no such thing as the individual small producer: there are factories
and workers, monopolies, and wannabe monopolies, and you may think you are
free and individual, but we are all workers in a factory, and the bosses are
driving down wages and salaries as we speak.

Our real problem is to band together and demand a minimum wage for each
category.

We need a union.

Of course we have a right to publish our minimum wage! Of course we have a
right to declare rates beneath which no-one should be accepting work.

So:

* All certification under control of the website application developers
union (we can affiliate with writers, with communications, etc...)
* No to monopoly certification programs and other attempts to create
monopolies with the aim of driving down rates.
* Minimum wage for each category.
* Drupal free always as in beer and speech. Drupal development open to all.

Only a uniion can do that.

Otherwise we'll all be washing dishes in Soho, because it's a better paid
job than developing websites.

Consultants, unite! You have nothing to lose except your WSOD.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar
http://projectflowandtracker.com