[consulting] Staying Current

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 14:10:13 UTC 2009

Karen Stevenson wrote:
> The key to this is your assumption that there is "lots of
> customization". My goal is always to do as *little* customization as
> possible by finding modules that are a good fit and have lots of
> flexibility, or by educating the client on ways to bend their goals a

yes - I think this is the crux of the matter.

There's a division between those who have used Drupal as a flexible CMS,
configuring but not so much coding.

.. and for those who have used Drupal as more of a framework with
advanced CMS components ready built.

The work I've done is firmly is the second set.

I think a lot of sites have been developed this way too.

For these type of sites there is no realistic upgrade path. But also no
real need to upgrade (I don't see any killer feature even in D7).

Keeping the site alive will be a matter of ongoing development of the
customised components.

--

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk