[consulting] Staying Current

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Mar 29 18:32:09 UTC 2009

>  I'm talking about big sites with lots of customization, where clients
> might spend well over 100k on customization.  I'm just questioning whether
> those who build those sites are building in -- or being upfront -- about the
> cost of upgrading to D6 and then D7.

If a client spends that much on a site initially, and does not have a
proportional budget for maintaining the site on an ongoing basis (by hiring
contractors, or in house full timers), then this is very very poor planning,
and they are setting themselves to fail. Whether this is their own fault,
their consultant's fault, or a shared one is just details.

Web sites and the software they run on are never static. They are always
changed in one way or another.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.