[consulting] Copy Protection/DRM approach

Cameron Eagans cweagans at blackstormsstudios.com
Sun Oct 11 20:47:23 UTC 2009

I have a client that is requesting a sort of DRM/Copy protection scheme for
his website. The site will be an educational site for medical students to
help them prepare for an exam for their field of work, and access to the
site will be granted on a subscription basis. The client is requesting
something that I don't know how to do:  prevent getting the content out of
the site in any way. He wants to disable copy/paste, printing, screenshots,
etc. I'm reasonably certain that there is no foolproof method of doing this.
Does anyone have a method of preventing users from copying website content
and sharing it?

(for the record, I don't support this approach -- I'm more partial to the
'Don't copy our stuff or we'll sue the crap out of you' approach. The client
is asking for it though, so I have to at least make an effort =D )

Thanks in advance!
-----
Cameron Eagans
Owner, Black Storms Studios, LLC