[consulting] Copy Protection/DRM approach

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Mon Oct 12 02:04:42 UTC 2009

Sami Khan wrote:

> I agree with that sentiment, that they can, the point that I was trying
> to make is that it is too make it harder to do.
> Regards,
> Sami

You do make a good point. This is off the top of my head, and I'm sure
someone will jump in with why this would be a horrible idea, but it
seems that if you can make a DVD player refuse to copy a DVD (or skip
the annoying warning about skipping the annoying warning), you should be
able to have the OS refuse to do a screen capture, for example. It's not
foolproof, but neither is the DVD thing.

Best,
Jeff