[consulting] Copy Protection/DRM approach

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 12 02:39:27 UTC 2009

I can certainly sympathise with their concern, but like others have pointed
out, the best you can really do is make it a bit more difficult. A couple of
years ago, I visited a site that had some pictures I wanted to "collect" but
they had copy-and-paste overridden (I don't know how but have run into it a
few times). Then, for some strange reason, I happened to look at my browser
cache files - there they were, already on my disk waiting to be renamed and
copied! It was slightly more effort, but I still have some of those
"copy-protected" pictures.

"You can fool some of the people all the time; and all of the people some of
the time. But you can't fool all the people all the time." The customer is
going to have to pick one of the "somes."

Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
Jr.