[consulting] Copy Protection/DRM approach

Cameron Eagans cweagans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 02:41:52 UTC 2009

Please stay on topic. I think sexism was not the point of that sentence.

Wow, this thread certainly generated more traffic than I thought it would!

My thought is this:  if it is displayed on a user's monitor, it can be
copied. Even if there were some magical javascript that you could insert
that would disable screenshots, what's to stop a user from taking a picture
of their monitor? What about virtualizing the OS and taking a screen shot
from the host OS?

I think I'll just let him know it's 100% impossible from stopping 100% of
the copying that may or may not occur.
-----
Cameron Eagans
Owner, Black Storms Studios, LLC