[consulting] Linux -> Windows transfer :/

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 12 02:45:07 UTC 2009

I move back and forth between Linux and Windows frequently; occasionally I
have trouble when the database is in a compressed state (usually zip form).
I have never had a problem when the database was not compressed. So the
first thing I do before moving is to TRUNCATE all the cache files, watchdog,
and sessions tables, and OPTIMIZE any tables with overhead. If that gets me
below the maximum upload size, then I do not compress the data. If I have to
compress the data I do it more than once, a few minutes apart.

Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
Jr.