[consulting] "Forced" path redirect?

Nick Lombard nick at jigsoft.co.za
Tue Oct 27 11:13:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Greg Knaddison
<greg.knaddison at gmail.com>wrote:

> In Drupal 6 this would have scalability problems due to the way menu
> items are stored/retrieved.  I think the solution that path_redirect
> takes is functionally the same and more scalable.

I agree if we take the same approach as with the no-cache drupal 5 version,
but for drupal 6 menu system we can still make this solution viable. The
bookmarks are configured via a settings form and when saved we can update
and refresh the menu cache once only. But ymmv!

Nick Lombard
contact #: +27 82 413 9931
jabber id: nick at jigsoft.co.za
skype id: nickl_