[consulting] "Forced" path redirect?

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 09:12:35 UTC 2009

In Drupal 6 this would have scalability problems due to the way menu
items are stored/retrieved.  I think the solution that path_redirect
takes is functionally the same and more scalable.

Regards,
Greg

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 3:03 AM, Nick Lombard <nick at jigsoft.co.za> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if the list will accept attachments, one way to find out.
>
> Attached is a module I wrote for drupal 5 to do just this. Create menu items
> for bookmarks and hyperlinks from other sites, for old site content, to map
> to new content locations. It does not use aliases it actually creates the
> new MENU_CALLBACK menu items and redirects to the new content. No hassles
> with duplicate urls or them being retrieved by search engine bots.
>
> If this is something that will be useful to others, let me know and I will
> create it as a contrib project and port to D6.
>
> --
> Nick Lombard
> contact #: +27 82 413 9931
> jabber id: nick at jigsoft.co.za
> skype id: nickl_
> footprint: www.jigsoft.co.za
>

> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Audrius Naslenas
> <audrius.naslenas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Need advice from "path" magician :)
>>
>> On the old site had content url path system wich is different from new
>> one.
>> Now found, that there are some valuable backlinks to the old and obsolete
>> urls. Thought this is simple - install Path Redirect module and everything
>> is solved, but: some of those old links have pretty similar structure to
>> currently used views, and produce real (useless) pages when trying to
>> access
>> them. When I try to add path redirect - getting "You cannot create a
>> redirect from a currently valid path." error.
>>
>> Is there a way to do some kind of "forced" redirect? In Drupal 6 way
>> preferably...
>>
>> Thank you.

Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Cracking Drupal - Learn to protect your Drupal site from hackers
Now available from Wiley http://crackingdrupal.com