[consulting] How to write books about Drupal (or anything, I guess)

Sarah Poger Gladstone listmember at gladstone.info
Tue Aug 3 15:40:03 UTC 2010

Another option for getting a book published, which also allows
multiple authors/volunteers to participate is "FLOSS Manuals"
http://en.flossmanuals.net/

Any book created on there ( Or you can download and run the editing
tools on your own server ) Can be read online as HTML, downloaded as a
PDF, embedded in other sites, or purchased as a hardcopy from lulu.com
or submitted to Amazon.

This is how the CiviCRM book is published. ( Which I contributed to
and participated in ). Profits from the book sales on Lulu can
subsidize the open source project. Personally I think I think it would
be great to see a Drupal book at FLOSS Manuals as books can be
"remixed"  This means you can create a custom book by cherry-picking
chapters from multiple books at creating a new book. You could create
a custom book for a client by only including the chapters that are
relevant to them.  Since many folks are using both Drupal and CiviCRM
together, it would be great to "remix" a custom Drupal + CiviCRM book.
 ( If Ubercart was there too, a great remix would be a Drupal +
Ubercart manual.  )

-Sarah