[consulting] How to write books about Drupal (or anything, I guess)

Sarah Poger Gladstone listmember at gladstone.info
Wed Aug 4 17:40:28 UTC 2010

Tom -  I don't know the revenue figures, the core team of CiviCRM
would know. Also, with Lulu you can set your own price.  With the
FLOSS model, the electronic version is always free.   However, you
could install the tools on your own server, then only make the book
available via a "store" either Lulu or Amazon, etc.

Also, some people have ordered a batch of Lulu hard-copy books, then
took them to conferences and sold them at a profit.  ( This was done
with a FLOSS manual other than the CiviCRM manual. )

The point of view of the folks at FLOSS is that not enough regular
folks (non-technical people)   use open source tools. One of the
reasons for this is lack of good documentation that is up to date.
Their aim is to improve the adoption of open source tools by making
sure that there is free, good quality documentation that is easy to
keep up to date.

-Sarah