[consulting] A chuckle

Therese Kells therese.kells at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 12:17:01 UTC 2010

Kristof,

I am of like mind, well at least I think I am.  Most customers want to be
able to have face to face interaction. Unless the customer has very strong
technical and business folks on staff they don't really even have the skill
to ask for what they really need. This is where a good developer can become
the best consultant a small to mid size company could possible have by truly
partnering with them. As for the multinationals, if they don't spec out
exactly what they want (and how often has that happened?), they blow their
budgets and end up torturing their internal staff. If we can get to that
tortured internal staff, there is a real opportunity to become a hero. Am I
too much of an idealist?

By the way, the game show I had in mind was something more like American
Idol. Companies present their ideas with their budgets in hand to a group of
skilled developers and perhaps a savvy business person who knows the ropes
and pitfalls. Doesn't this sound like more fun? Who wants to be Simon?