[consulting] Unionizing Drupal

Marty Landman mlandman at face2interface.com
Sun Aug 8 20:21:34 UTC 2010

At 02:54 PM 8/8/2010, E.J. Zufelt wrote:

>Why is rotting food a bad thing?  If you were to argue that people
>were starving because of this I might agree that the current system
>being implemented is not necessarily the best, but the existence of
>rotting food isn't a good argument for efficiency.

 From dictionary.com's second definition for efficiency:

"accomplishment of or ability to accomplish a job with a minimum
expenditure of time and effort"

Couldn't the labor and materials not to mention natural resources
expended making food that will rot - and have to be disposed of to
prevent attracting vermin and disease - be better expended on other
things? Or left alone to be used for recreation iow have less
farmland and more undeveloped land by being efficient in distributing
the produce. Needing less folks working on planting, raising and
harvesting food which is then thrown out? How is this not inefficient?

On 2010-08-08, at 2:34 PM, Greg Holsclaw wrote:

> > Efficiency makes all things cheaper, makes them faster. All
> people are equal in dignity in my eyes, bit not all are equal in
> skill set nor effort. I work hard to provide fir my family. Much
> harder than many I know. And I expect to be duly compensated.

Do you expect all your neighbors to also be duly compensated? What
about a person born to a wealthy family who contributes less than
they get?  How does that figure in?

> > Yes there are rich capitalist with hordes of money.

What sort of services can a person perform to get a yearly
compensation of one hundred million dollars? Sorry I just can't wrap
my head around that one.