[consulting] Suggestion for Dries and Moderators: New Politics List

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Aug 23 18:52:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Sami Khan <sami at etopian.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:55:35 -0700, Kevin Davison <kevin at quevin.com>
> wrote:
>> Weeks ago, I referred a prospect looking for help to this list, and I
>> recently saw them asking how to be removed. They were expecting to join
>> list to get consulting help, not to get flamed with political rantings.
>> This list has lost a potential client looking for services, so consider
>> that.
>
> This list is for consultants, no for for clients looking for help.

You are mistaken on at least this point. It has been documented on
http://drupal.org/node/51169 for years this list is a reasonable place
to advertise jobs.

If you are going to try to set the tone for what is on-topic and what
is off-topic you should at least know the facts. It's also ironic that
when someone told you that you are off-topic you respond saying it is
your right to free speech, but when someone suggests that this list be
used to advertise an open job you claim that is off-topic.

Regards,
Greg