[consulting] Suggestion for Dries and Moderators: New Politics List

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Aug 23 19:18:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Sami Khan <sami at etopian.net> wrote:

>> You are mistaken on at least this point. It has been documented on
>> http://drupal.org/node/51169 for years this list is a reasonable place
>> to advertise jobs.
>
> Quote Dries:
> This list aims to connect Drupal consultants, to share ideas
> and experience amongst Drupal consultants, to obtain feedback from
> Drupal consultants, and hopefully, to grow the number of Drupal
> consultants.  (This is not a support mailing list.  It is a
> "consultant to consultant" mailing list.)

Dries started the list. He doesn't maintain it.

>> If you are going to try to set the tone for what is on-topic and what
>> is off-topic you should at least know the facts. It's also ironic that
>> when someone told you that you are off-topic you respond saying it is
>> your right to free speech, but when someone suggests that this list be
>> used to advertise an open job you claim that is off-topic.
>
> Again, I would be happy to let everyone to say whatever comes to their
> mind anywhere at whatever length they want. But if you wish to discuss
> rules; then let's discuss rules... and who is misinformed, etc.

Actually, I'd rather not. We lack active moderators of this mailing
list and it shows. Thus, the mailing lists are a weak point in our
community. They are no longer particularly useful. We should probably
shut most if not all of them.