[consulting] Suggestion for Dries and Moderators: New Politics List

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Aug 23 19:44:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Sami Khan <sami at etopian.net> wrote:
> However Greg also wants to close down the mailing list... so he's not
> interested in even keeping it alive; much less what rules it follows.

My original position in that issue was that we should shut the mailing
list in favor of more appropriate and productive venues for
discussion.

I've since clarified my position to be that we either need that OR we
need moderators who actively maintain this list (decide what is or
isn't on topic, write those guidelines on the listinfo page, alert
people who are off-topic about the guidelines, and block access if it
is justified).

I never suggested that we stifle conversations.

Regards,
Greg