[consulting] insurance

Ben West westbywest at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 17:15:23 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

I've seen billboards for the Freelancers Union in New York City, USA who do
appear to focus on forming a union so that their members may bargain
collectively for benefits.
http://www.freelancersunion.org/

However, I think their coverage may not be contiguous withing the US:
http://www.freelancersunion.org/insurance/explore/

I would actually be curious if anyone on this list has kudos or caveats
about the Freelancer's Union.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Christopher Jones
<cjones at partialflow.com>wrote:

> All, I'd like some advice about health insurance. How do you 1099
> contractors out there deal with this issue? I'm investigating options
> for insuring my family (two adults and two kids).
>
> In particular, I had wondered if there were a union, or some kind of
> cooperative I could join.

Ben West
westbywest at gmail.com