[consulting] insurance

Christopher Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Mon Jul 12 21:12:22 UTC 2010

Thanks to all who've replied, so far. Since I failed to mention it in my
original post, I'm in Philadelphia.

Fortunately, PA has a program called CHIP which will take care of my
kids. So if I can't find affordable coverage on the open market, maybe
insuring just myself and my wife would be an easier pill to swallow.

Overall, however, it seems the answer is 'it's a pain in the bootie',
which is pretty much what I figured. Right now, I'm working for a big
company that offers incredible benefits for part time work. It's a union
shop, so I've got good job security. The work is hard and dirty, and
keeps me skinny. And since my shift is the early early one, I can keep
regular hours for my clients.

But I'm really tired of waking up at 3.30 AM. So I thought I'd explore
my options.

Again, thanks. I think I've got some good food for thought and some
avenues to explore.