[consulting] Examples of great looking Drupal sites without custom design

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Tue Jun 22 13:05:45 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of some examples of great looking sites
built on contributed themes with only minor modifications.  In other words
great looking Drupal sites without custom designs -- or premium themes.  I'm
not talking about a base theme like Zen, but a theme that's just been
slightly modified (logo, banner, color change, etc).

A potential nonprofit client with a very limited budget can't afford a
designer, so I told them they can go with a theme.  They asked for examples
of live sites built with existing themes.  I've never seen such a list.
Sure, there's theme garden, but those aren't live and tend not to show off
themes in their best light.

I have a few examples of sites I did myself, but they are all built on Sky.

 If anyone has examples -- or knows of a blog post showcasing some -- that
would be really helpful.

thanks,
Sam

--