[consulting] Examples of great looking Drupal sites without custom design

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Tue Jun 22 15:48:30 UTC 2010

On 6/22/10 6:49 AM, Shai Gluskin wrote:
> Sam's a developer; the fact that Fusion/Skinr can give you a lot of
> design control at the UI level will not really save the client any money.
This is a highly debatable statement - I'd almost say it's wildly
inaccurate. If a client doesn't have budget for a designer, but they can
access basic design options via a UI that guides them toward sustainable
options, that will save them time and money through all stages of the
project.

They can get a better looking site at launch.

They will be able to maintain their site through updates, as custom
modifications won't break on upgrade.

They will be able to change their look and feel later (albeit in the
ways that are supported via the UI) by using these options. Or, for less
money than would be required to maintain a fully customized theme, they
can build additional options that can then be accessed via the UI.

Additionally, I never mentioned anything about Fusion. We've never used
it, and likely never will.

Cheers,

Bill