[consulting] drupal developer needed

Sami Khan sami at etopian.net
Fri Jun 25 06:55:40 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 14:48 +0800, Daniel Honrade wrote:
> Hi Sami,
>
> Sorry if you have had bad experience with a company, I am just
> thinking of
> people with different talents or specialties on different areas of web
> development.
> There are always different solutions to projects like these. We have
> people who
> specialized on hardwares, Drupal config, Theming, Designing,
> Marketing, Systems Architecture
> Module development, etc. If you know all these good for you, but I
> doubt if you can
> pay attention to all these at once. We can always assure that the
> project can
> continue and be supported even if any of us disappeared for whatever
> reason.
>
> We don't rely on only one person, better to have persons who have
> mastered
> something than a person who knows a lot but has not mastered anything.
> Or else you'll only see on your website this message: "It works".

I can see the difference between a designer and a developer; as many
developers don't have enough aesthetic sense to make it look pleasing...
I don't see much other distinction other than people who are
non-developers being punted at developer rates... I could dwell more on
this, but I will, at risk of offending ways certain companies arrange
themselves... or the whole concept of division of labour and hierarchy
altogether!

A developer/consultant needs to know hardware, config, systems, module
development, scaling... etc. Designer needs to know the designing stuff,
and the developer should be able to put that together or perhaps a third
person to do that -- but a developer should be able to do that. I don't
believe in the sort of division of labour that you are talking about as
it adds tons costs and takes the joy out of development.

Regards,
Sami