[consulting] How do you find Drupal graphics designers?

Laura pinglaura at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:01:24 UTC 2010

On Nov 1, 2010, at 10:37 AM, larry at garfieldtech.com wrote:

> At the risk of pissing off designers on this list, I'd look for someone
> whose resume doesn't include much print work.  Print design and web
> design are very different animals.  It's *really* hard to be good in
> both, but a lot of print designers think that because they are
> (legitimately) good print designers it makes them good web designers.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive at all. But they are different disciplines — graphic design vs. interaction design, at the base level. Rather than count print work (or programming ability) as a negative, I'd say just focus on the interaction design work (and specifically web design work, which is a subset of interaction design that has constraints — and specifically Drupal-specific web design experience with an understanding of what Drupal brings to the table, which is a subset of web design) when looking for a web designer for a Drupal project.

Laura