[consulting] How do you find Drupal graphics designers?

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 2 02:21:37 UTC 2010

I'm 100% with Larry on this one. The site I'm currently working on was done with
not only mockups, but as a sub-site to a Java site. They gave (as in forced) me
their "standard" CSS. I have spent so much time trying to make Drupal work with
it. As time permits, I am now going back and removing their crap and moving back
towards regular Drupal CSS.

As an example, CKEditor is set up for Drupal CSS and looked terrible with their
CSS. We wasted probably 100 hours trying to get CKEditor to look something
like it would when published. And that required cloning a good portion of their
stuff into a special style sheet. Had they used normal Drupal CSS, I suspect it
would have worked right out of the box.

In this case, the only good that came from the mockups was in getting the custom
coding right. It was a case of a picture being worth 1000 words.

Nancy