[consulting] Thoughts on using the word "Drupal" on your business site and in marketing

Dan Horning dan.horning at planetnoc.com
Sun Feb 6 15:28:05 UTC 2011

sorry clicked send too fast..

If you explain what drupal is effictively you won't lose out on clients ... I'm completing my site revamp and we have a drupal and joomla focus on our teams in both cases we can make someones site easy to manage and assure them that there are many developers out there who know drupal and/or joomla - this allows them the comfort to know that if we aren't available for any reason - they can still keep moving forward (we've been around for 10 years). I personally feel that unexplained it stands the chance to lose clients - but most of the ones you might lose haven't even looked into what they might want yet - and more often than not - they are looking for a cheap deal and may not have any content or even concepts ready for you to move forward. My companies goal is to reach out to the clients that know what they want, how it should look and what will be on it, allowing us to work hard and fast instead of floundering for months and years to get a small 10 page site done.

so tied in to the official policy it seems like using the name Drupal is quite effective and a good idea - just depends on your target - do they already know what it is - or just that they want a website.

--
Dan Horning

American Digital Services - Where you are only limited by imagination.
dan.horning at planetnoc.com :: http://www.americandigitalservices.com
1-518-444-0213 x502 . toll free 1-800-863-3854 . fax 1-888-474-6133
PO Box 746, Troy, NY 12181