[consulting] consulting Digest, Vol 61, Issue 5

Gotham City Drupal kelly at gothamcitydrupal.com
Mon Feb 7 04:43:40 UTC 2011

I've been a digital strategist for many years. As such, I always considered myself tool-agnostic. "best tool for the job" was my motto. Even Microsoft :)

But one day I realized that I was basically recommending Drupal as the solution almost 100% of the time. I became immersed in the deeper philosophy and my local community, and I realized that my beliefs about what makes good coding, user experience and architecture, what makes a robust and healthy community, were all explicitly and consistently supported in Drupal. One day that may change, but I doubt it at this point. Not as far as the roadmap goes that I can see. Change is the only constant after all. But since I preferred this tool and this community and this ideology to all others, I planted the flag. It was an organic decision for me.

Kelly Bell
Gotham City Drupal