[consulting] Thoughts on using the word "Drupal" on your business site and in marketing

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 7 15:01:15 UTC 2011

For someone who just wants a new site, most of the time, they don't care. There
are two cases where people are specifically looking for the word "Drupal":
1. They have an existing site that needs work.
2. Someone has already convinced them that Drupal is best for the new site they
need built.

So there is nothing wrong with mentioning Drupal, as long as you also take a
brief moment to evangelize. That takes care of all cases. And it wouldn't hurt
to link the brief marketing statement to a larger page with more reasons to
choose Drupal.

Nancy

From: Cameron Eagans
Yes, but in this context, it'd be like advertising the specific sort of
carbonated water that's used in the Coca Cola. It doesn't really make sense to
do that. In my experience, people don't really care what a site is built with as
long as it's fast, scales well, and is easy to use. Past that, I haven't heard
anybody ask about the specific framework unless it's a contracting gig with
another shop.