[consulting] Site credit question

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Mon Feb 28 19:51:37 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I recently decided it would be a good idea to ask my clients if it would be
ok to add a site credit on their site linking back to my site.  Well, most
agreed, but one of my bigger clients balked and asked for examples of other
sites that give a site credit to the developer.  Well, I thought this would
be easy to find an example, but I'm having a hard time finding larger sites
that give the development shop any credit for the site, at least in the
footer (as opposed to buried somewhere)

Just wondering if anyone has any examples of site credits for site
developers, either in the footer or somewhere else?  This client is willing
to do it, just wants to know what the common practice is.

Also, do most of you even ask for a credit on the sites you develop?  Is
giving a site credit to the developer is a thing of the past or something
only done for small sites?  And if they don't put it in the footer, where
would it go?

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Cohen, Principal