[consulting] On a personal note...

Tom Geller tom at tomgeller.com
Wed Jan 12 16:24:17 UTC 2011

Folks,

You may have seen my blog post about the challenges of Drupal's opportunity, at http://tomgeller.com/content/challenge-opportunity . Behind that post's implied pessimism is the belief that Drupal really is a booming technology, and that it's wise to strike while the iron is hot. A personal question follows: How can *I* capture this opportunity in a way that's both satisfying and sustainable?

A bit of history. I've worked in communications for nearly my whole adult life -- twenty years. But the *area* of communications has varied widely, from editing to public relations to sales. Along the way I've gone back and forth between working in traditional offices and working on my own. I've been a freelance writer for the last 4-1/2 years and been satisfied with it; however, I'm starting to miss collaborative work.

These two factors -- Drupal's success and a desire to work collaboratively -- encourage me to put out feelers. I'd like to be able to continue working remotely (I'm in Ohio), perhaps with occasional face-to-face meetings. (I love to travel.) I'm especially attracted to small, growing companies. Fortunately that's what comprises most of the Drupal world. :)

I think most of you know what I do -- if not, see d.o. user tgeller (http://drupal.org/user/181428) and http://tomgeller.com . (A portfolio that needs updating is at http://gellerguides.com .) I welcome any specific proposals or good ideas. Thanks!

---
          Tom Geller  *  Oberlin, Ohio  *  415-317-1805
             Writer/Editor * http://www.tomgeller.com
    articles, marketing, training materials, user guides, books