[consulting] On a personal note...

Christian Pearce pearcec at xforty.com
Wed Jan 12 19:42:58 UTC 2011

I am not sure what you are driving at with you blog post or your message here.

I have been working on Linux since 94. I have seen many technology come an go. I DO think Drupal has the staying power like Linux but whatever. Most people thought I was crazy when I focused on Linux all those year ago.

I stepped out on my own a couple years ago. Now I have a business of 10 people and we are growing. We focus on our niche. We are really awesome at systems work, and custom development. So while we do a lot of Drupal work, it isn't the only game in town.

My recommendation if you are looking for work is to focus on how your strengths can be applied to the website drupal building process. Otherwise you are just looking at a market starting to boom and say me too. Famous words come to mind.

'I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.'

Good luck.

--

xforty technologies
Christian Pearce