[consulting] On a personal note...

Christian Pearce pearcec at xforty.com
Wed Jan 12 20:49:48 UTC 2011

----- "Fred Jones" <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I stepped out on my own a couple years ago. Now I have a business of 10
> > people and we are growing.
>
> Question is, have you now become that firm that you left a couple of
> years ago? :)

Definitely no. That is why I left, cause I wanted to do it better. Lots of history and background, not really worth talking about on this list. But I DO recommend to anyone who has the nerve, to go for it. One of the better decisions in my professional career.

> > 'I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.'
>
> Easy to say, but how many other hockey players actually can do it?
> Virtually none....

I picked Linux, and Drupal before they the talk of the town. Picking it down seems like an easy decision. We were on top of Ruby, and Ruby on Rails in the same vain. Not that I am trying to break my arm patting myself on the back. But I picked those technologies because the embodied my ethos. Having said that, do what you love, do the right thing, and the rest will follow.

> My 2 pence.

xforty technologies
Christian Pearce
888-231-9331 x1119