[consulting] On a personal note...

Tom Geller tom at tomgeller.com
Tue Jan 18 18:30:17 UTC 2011

"matt j. sorenson" <matt at sorensonbros.net> writes:

> Drupal continues up the ladder to becoming a "mature software project"; Like
> Subversion is a mature software project.

Funny that you should mention Subversion, because I was good friends with CVS' chief maintainer in the late '90s.

The chief complaint against both CVS and Drupal is the same: Too hard to use. Drupal 7 helped a lot; it remains to be seen whether it did enough.

> Mature software projects enjoy long tenures; they become entrenched,
> mainstay links in solution tool chains. Markets build up around them that
> would otherwise not exist. But they are also vulnerable.

Well put.

---
          Tom Geller  *  Oberlin, Ohio  *  415-317-1805
             Writer/Editor * http://www.tomgeller.com
    articles, marketing, training materials, user guides, books