[consulting] On a personal note...

Christian Pearce pearcec at xforty.com
Tue Jan 18 18:40:26 UTC 2011

----- "Tom Geller" <tom at tomgeller.com> wrote:

> Funny that you should mention Subversion, because I was good friends with CVS' chief maintainer in the late '90s.
>
> The chief complaint against both CVS and Drupal is the same: Too hard to use. Drupal 7 helped a lot; it remains to be seen whether it did enough.

That is a bit of an understatement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concurrent_Versions_System#Criticism

Subversion was definitely a marked improvement. But the developers took a poor implementation of CVS which was hacked on top of RCS and said let's fix CVS. Rather than say, what would make a good version control system and go build it. I personally love git, but love the concepts of distributed version control more.

--

xforty technologies
Christian Pearce