[consulting] LinkedIn Invitations - Failing

Jim Taylor jim at rootyhollow.com
Mon Jul 18 17:45:47 UTC 2011

I'm fairly sure I'm one of guilty parties here, for which I'm embarrassed
and sorry, as I got an e-mail from 1 or 2 people telling me I had emailed
them thru this list.  Though the odd thing is I purposely keep this e-mail
out of my inbox so it doesn't get my vacation responses when I'm gone.  Just
wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing as I'm worried my
strategy for not spamming this list by accident is failing. :(

Jim

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Steve MacGregor <steve at nugoat.com> wrote:

> While I understand that many people on this list may be new to mailing
> list etiquette, it is important to understand that a mailing list must
> stay on topic and free of spam or it quickly becomes worthless.
> Linked-in invitations are a private, person-to-person communication
> and not appropriate content for ANY public mailing list. Please be
> courteous enough to remain on topic, keep your comments professional
> and stop filling other people's in-boxes with clever social media
> experiments.
>
> Steve MacGregor
>
> NuGoat Inc.
>

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Joe Hyde <joeghyde at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Please, don't break your nose looking down at the rest of us rubes who
> > have used address book features on our favorite apps.
> >
> > "Personally, I *never* grant any application or service access to my
> > email or contacts, and in fact whenever I'm prompted to do so, it's a
> > strike against that service for even asking; No Thank You Veddy Much!"
> >
> > You are so perfect. Can I be like you too?
> >
> > Seriously.
> >
> > My advice, just ignore it. It's a silly email. It's not like they are
> > raping your women and children and pillaging your home.
> >
> > joe
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 10:16 AM,  <jeff at ayendesigns.com> wrote:
> >> And I notice the text of all the invites is inviting someone other than
> me.
> >> Ayen Designs - quality software the first time, every time!

Jim Taylor
Rooty Hollow, Principal/Senior Engineer
p 614.432.8609
f 614.737.5327