[consulting] Rate question

Christian Pearce pearcec at xforty.com
Tue Mar 29 14:10:14 UTC 2011

I guess this was directed at me. We would be out of business if our rates were the effective hourly rate of w2 work. When you are 1099 you need to charge your customer more than you would pay yourself to handle operating expenses. So my point is the mechanics of the rate is naturally different between w2 and 1099 work, and you should set your rates accordingly. That was nan's original question.

----- jeff at ayendesigns.com wrote:
> I don't see a correlation of duration to 1099 or w2. If you are a corp it has to be 1099, you can't hire a corp as a w2, whether the engagement is 6 days or 6 months.
> Ayen Designs - quality software the first time, every time!

xforty technologies
Christian Pearce
888-231-9331 x1119
http://xforty.com