[consulting] RFP or RFQ?

Jordan Graham jordan at jordangraham.com
Sat Jun 2 17:22:44 UTC 2012

Rob -

You've hit on something with your observation that freelancer and odesk can
provide inexpensive resources but you may end up with someone who cannot
complete the project.

I'd try the following:

   1. Give the URL of the site you're recreating
   2. Give an outline of the project - main objectives, etc.
   3. Ask consultants to give a project estimate, breaking it into hours
   required and hourly rate
   4. Ask consultants for their online portfolio (not just a list of sites
   that they say they have done)
   5. Ask consultants for their drupal.org id and see what they have done

You'll find a balance between price, accessibility and experience.

I've done lots of work successfully with people on the other side of the
planet from me in perl, php, python and WordPress.  Have personally found
it more difficult to find good Drupal talent on Freelancer.com.

Good luck!

-- Jordan
--
Jordan Graham