[drupal-devel] Re: Help?

Sheldon Rampton sheldon at prwatch.org
Tue Apr 5 17:53:59 UTC 2005

K B wrote:

>Is your question: How can I retag the module? i.e. How can I move the
>tag from an older version to a more current one?

Yes, that's what I want to do. I've made some revisions to the
module, which Civicspace wanted made before they can include it in
future CS releases. After I made the revisions, Neil Drumm asked me
to "make sure you tag it [1] so I can check it off my list [2]":

http://civicspacelabs.org/home/node/12095

I assume that by "make sure you tag it" he meant, "retag it," so
that's what I've been trying to do.

K B also wrote:

>If so, then you need to delete the tag first then tag it.
>
>cvs tag -d DRUPAL-4-5 file(s)

I tried doing this but got the following message: "cvs tag: Not
removing branch tag `DRUPAL-4-5' from
`/cvs/drupal-contrib/contributions/modules/interwiki/CREDITS.txt,v'."

>Note that this has a side effect: people who downloaded and used the
>old module will say they have the 4.5.0 version of the module, and
>then people who will download the module tomorrow will say that they
>have the same version.
>
>This can lead to support nightmares, since two different pieces of
>code are tagged the same.
>
>However, this seems to be common practice in contrib. I have discussed
>this on the list in the past, and it was suggested that a date be
>included in the tar ball name, but no action was taken on that.

I can see your point. In my case, however, the interwiki module is
still new and not widely disseminated, so I think retagging would do
more good than harm.

--Sheldon