[drupal-devel] Re: Help?

Jonathan Chaffer jchaffer at structureinteractive.com
Tue Apr 5 18:05:18 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005, at 1:53 PM, Sheldon Rampton wrote:

>> Is your question: How can I retag the module? i.e. How can I move the
>> tag from an older version to a more current one?
>
> Yes, that's what I want to do. I've made some revisions to the module,
> which Civicspace wanted made before they can include it in future CS
> releases. After I made the revisions, Neil Drumm asked me to "make
> sure you tag it [1] so I can check it off my list [2]":
>
> http://civicspacelabs.org/home/node/12095
>
> I assume that by "make sure you tag it" he meant, "retag it," so
> that's what I've been trying to do.

Drupal Contrib Branches Made Simple:

Maintain a checkout of each branch, separately.
   cvs -d:pserver:your_user_name at cvs.drupal.org:/cvs/drupal-contrib login
   cvs -d:pserver:your_user_name at cvs.drupal.org:/cvs/drupal-contrib
checkout -r DRUPAL-4-5 contributions

When you need to update the 4.5 version of the module, go to your 4.5
directory and update it.
   cvs update -dP

Then make your changes and commit them.
   cvs commit

Repeat this for each branch that needs updates.

You only need to branch a module *once*, when it is first available for
a particular Drupal release.
--

Jonathan Chaffer
Applications Developer, structure:interactive