[development] How to update DRUPAL-4-7 from CVS?

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sat Nov 25 09:12:00 UTC 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Dave Cohen wrote:

> Is this an accident or am I doing  something wrong on my end?
> Is there any way to update a DRUPAL-4-7 checkout
> without getting modules written for DRUPAL-5?

there was a minor problem when the files were moved in CVS, but it
should only effect date-based checkouts and updates.  i mention it at
the end of http://drupal.org/node/73507.  one of these days i'm going
to have a chance to fix this, but i've been saddled with work and
honestly, haven't been getting too much help (with a few notable
exceptions like merlin and webchick).  the task of porting project*
and cvslog.module to 5.x looms large, and i'm way behind at my day
job...

> I think some files have been accidentally tagged as DRUPAL-4-7 when
> they
> should not be.

i just double checked in the core repository, and none of the modules
you mention in their own sub-directories have the DRUPAL-4-7 tag.
most of us have been able to checkout/update a DRUPAL-4-7 workspace
of core without any troubles.  so, i'm guessing you've got something
strange about your local setup (cvs client, sticky tag, sticky date,
etc) that's causing your grief.

try checking out a fresh copy:

cvs -d[:pserver...] co -r DRUPAL-4-7 drupal

you can also try doing that in place, on top of your existing
workspace (backup first), and it should work like a cvs update.

good luck,
-derek