[development] Menu Tree Access Control?

Josh Koenig josh at chapterthree.com
Fri Apr 3 00:56:54 UTC 2009

Thanks for the tips, Moshe and Ryan!

First of all, I should have said before I definitely look to release
this as a compliment to menutrails module, so the development would
definitely see the light of day. There's some chance I could use
Taxonomy Access Control (or even TAC lite) for the use-case, but I
think there's some value in trying to allow this functionality based
on the menu tree.

It's very intuitive for non-technical content managers to manage menu
placement and to dole out access control based on these realms. If I
can figure out how to tie it together w/menutrails in a smart way, it
could be quite powerful and useful.

Overall, this puts me back into the place of wishing for a more
featureful, usable outlining system that combines much of book and
menu modules. Maybe a summer project for D7. ;)

cheers
-josh