[development] Very concerned over Drupal's core development

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 20 15:09:03 UTC 2009

Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> what will you do when Drupal 7 gets out, send core development on vacation
for two years?
Hmm, I wonder what would happen if we all realized that every member of DO
is a "core developer?" There may be a few people who are more or less
directly responsible for consolidating proposed changes, but it is the
community at large that is responsible for making those proposals - and
patches. Even though we sometimes refer to those privileged (burdened) few
as "Drupal-gods," they are not perfect; they cannot predict every way
someone will use the code, nor can they test everything all together the way
we put them together. Those people have real lives too (I think), and have
to do the same thing we do: fit in time for Drupal amidst all our other
demands.
I don't always agree with everything they do or say - I dare say chx is one
of them who knows that already. But Drupal is a great system, and it will
stay that way only if we all think of ourselves as core developers.