[development] Some of core to contrib?

Ryan Cross drupal at ryancross.com
Mon Apr 20 23:43:24 UTC 2009

This sounds like it would also have the knock-on effect of making it
easier for more/different modules to get included in core over time,
which I think many people are also keen on. Is that part of the
consideration? seems like with this process we could conceivably have
a "experimental" couple of modules included in each version to test
their suitability for core. (like the tokens module or similar)

I am not sure I followed the necessary cvs tag work flow completely,
but I'm sure you're discussed the details and the overview sounds
good. Would this mean that we would get a packaging script for install
profiles?

Side note - several people are commenting that comment.module is quite
poor. Is there an alternative that people are using that I'm not aware
of? It works for me usually.