[development] Very concerned over Drupal's core development

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Tue Apr 21 12:07:30 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009, Marco Sousa wrote:
> Or we can have one Drupal Legacy Module that we can suport the modules of
> previous drupal release.

This is proposed by someone for every Drupal version, it has been tried
several times, and it has never worked for reasons that have been discussed at
length in previous threads on this list. Please search the archives to read up
those arguments.

If we really go with module-supported "automatical" compatibility, the
forward-facing way (deadwood) is much more promising than the legacy one.