[development] Very concerned over Drupal's core development

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 21 13:22:14 UTC 2009

Quoting Marco Sousa <marcomsousa at gmail.com>:

> Cons:
> * Modules that use this module will run more slow
> * Some Modules will not run and others have some break's.
* There will be less interest in upgrading a module prolonging the inevitable.
* Most modules will suddenly break when moving from D7 to Dx.
* Legacy remains legacy forever and the maintenance of such a module
becomes unbearable as more core versions are released.

As has been mentioned already deadwood and coder modules are the way
to go when upgrading.  Identifying to the module maintainer or
interested party where the code needs to be upgraded is jump in the
correct direction.  Deadwood even changes what it can.  Improving that
module is where we need to focusing the legacy issue.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/