[development] Very concerned over Drupal's core development

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 21 14:30:26 UTC 2009

Quoting Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de>:

> Dries Buytaert schrieb:
>
>> blog post: http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/288.  I'm not
>> suggesting that we should switch to 6 month release cycles, I'm merely
>> bringing it up to get feedback on the idea.
>
> I'd be very happy if we could at least break the trend towards longer
> and longer release cycles.

I can imagine that this could happen with fewer features added in one
cycle.  Things like dbTNG that requires a whole rewrite of queries
will take a longer cycle and should be the only feature change for
that release.  Other changes like fields in core could be released
earlier.  This though requires a different paradigm in version control.

--
Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/