[development] Hook_menu_alter doesn't work if menu item changed

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 25 21:37:11 UTC 2009

This is wacky! In 5.x to change the title of a content type, all it took was
a variable_get and a simple bit of code in hook_menu and hook_node_info. But
in 6.x I have to jump through all kinds of hoops changing the menu? I still
haven't succeeded in getting it to update the description in the rendered
menu. Is there an example somewhere? I see several, but I don't have the
"mlid"; if I have to do a query to get that, I might as well go ahead and
keep updating the tables directly.

Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. - Martin L. King, Jr.